Say hello to a brand new feature around here. It’s called Scene & Heard and it’s essentially a round up of what can only be described as snippets of the information overload in my head. Thanks to many hours spent out and about and on the interwebs sourcing products for client deigns, I come across so much information and many cool new things, often not really enough to substantiate a full blog post, but intriguing enough to warrant a mention.
Admittedly, this is also a tactic to overcome simply not having enough time for all the posts I want to write. So I figure, why not offer you guys a ‘brain dump’ of sorts. It may not always be good news and some of it may seem entirely random but then there may just be that exact something that might have been looking for. Let’s see. Your feedback on this would be awesome.
- Dubai has so many new and exciting interior stores popping up – two that have caught my full attention recently are Nook which, by the way, also has a beautiful flower bar, and The Den. The latter is located in Dubai’s beautiful City Walk development which is reason enough to visit. Check them out, guys.
- Tribe Dubai has opened a new store at The Courtyard, Al Quoz and it’s all kinds of lovely.
- The wallpaper genies at US-based Chasing Paper are due to launch their Indigo collection on 12 October and it looks amaze-balls. I used their fantastic peel-and-stick-easy-to-apply wallpaper in this room and fell in love.
- I’m a massive fan of Mrs Mighetto prints – they’re simply magical – and the new collection, ‘Circus Mighetto’, is in a league of its own. Pure whimsical genius.
- Dubai folks, did you know that Zara Home now has online shopping available? True story. And you heard it here. I’ve been after a few things from there and now I won’t even have to leave the house. My kind of wonderful.
- If you follow only one new Insta account this week, let it be Indie Home Collective. You won’t be sorry. Although you’ll definitely risk moments of breathlessness. I’ve got my eye on these talented Kiwis.
- Last week I raved about Dubailove – if you haven’t seen that post, take a peek because it includes a discount code for their online store, valid till 10 October.
- Lastly, I heard from not one but two friends who visited H&M Home this week the devastating news that their one and only Dubai branch is closing. What is up with that? I literarily want to sob. Instead I’m waiting patiently for somebody to please tell me this is just a nasty rumour.
And that’s a wrap.